Short Term Rental
Kind of building:
Opportunity to renew:
The poster of this listing is NOT charging a brokerage fee.
Virtual Live Tours:
Mar 20, 2023
We specialize in furnished short term rental apartments, extended-stay & corporate housing accommodations in the heart of New York City on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. 30-90 day minimum.
To help us better understand your needs and ensure we can accommodate your needs, we need to check a few details. Please let us know:
• Proposed stay dates (arrival date & length of stay)
• Number of occupants
• Do you plan to have any guests stay with you?
• Will you be bringing any pets with you?
• Reason for your stay?
• Do you and/or your co-occupant (if any) smoke?
This information will help us double-check availability and ensure that our accommodation meets your expectations. We can also provide you with a full cost estimate that includes utilities and taxes.
Base Single Occupancy Rates: $5450 + Fees + Tax
Base Double Occupancy Rates: $6800 + Fees + Tax
The above monthly accommodation cost excludes utilities and tax. To receive a full cost estimate inclusive of tax and utilities, please reach out and provide the above requested details.
FEES (A separate bundled monthly fee includes electricity, gas, heat, water, and Wi-Fi. Portable air conditioners are available at an additional monthly fee):
1. Bundled Monthly Fee includes electric, hot/cold water, heat (seasonal) & wi-fi. a/c (seasonal) is a supplemental fee (June-October).
2. Supply of Bedding/Towels: Bedding includes mattress pad, sheet set, cotton blanket, down blanket & duvet cover (seasonal), pillows + towels. Down blankets are not supplied in warm weather months.
3. Exit cleaning fee and 1x monthly cleaning & linen service for multiple month stays.
4. Damage deposit equal to 1 month stay.
5. Occupancy tax (see below).
NEW YORK OCCUPANCY TAX (for stays under 180 days):
-Short-term rentals in New York City are subject to the below listed taxes.
-New York City Hotel Occupancy Tax: 5.875%
-NY City Hotel Tax: $2/room/night
-For tax purposes, this suite is comprised of four rooms (Living room, bedroom, kitchen and small accessory room)
-No tax is due from guests who are considered to be permanent residents. To be considered a permanent resident of New York State, a guest must stay for at least 180 consecutive days without interruption.
For single occupancy contracts, there is fee to add a secondary occupant. The fee covers additional operating expenses such as wear and tear, utilities, more prep and cleaning, water (showers, toilets, sink us), supplies such as towels and bedding, laundry & internet. There's a monthly fee to add a 2nd regular occupant or a daily fee for a temporary overnight visitor. All guests must be approved in advance.
This 830 square feet apartment occupies the entire floor of an intimate townhouse and features unique views of the city. The front of the apartment faces a row of townhouses and East 62nd Street, while the rear overlooks a garden and cityscape.
The apartment has a spacious living room, kitchen, bathroom, a large rear bedroom, and a small room that can be used as a study. The apartment is adorned with many antique furniture pieces, two ornate marble fireplaces, parquet hardwood flooring, high ceilings, and crown molding.
The kitchen is equipped with basic appliances including a 20-inch Gas Range with 4 burners and compact oven capacity, a dishwasher, an apartment size refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. The bathroom has a combination bathtub/shower.
The apartment sleeps 1 or 2 guests (sorry no exceptions). .
The apartment is not equipped with cable TV, but it has a Roku device for streaming services. Note that the apartment is 3 flights up from the house's entry hall level and doesn't have an elevator, so guests should be prepared to climb stairs.
Important information to know about this apartment
• There's no elevator in the building and the apartment is 3 flights up from the ground floor entry hall level.
• May not be suitable for guests with mobility issues or lots of luggage
• 1.5 BR apartment: bedroom at the rear, small adjacent room designed for use as a study/office
• Daybed in front room for flexibility, allows two adults to share apartment
• Kitchen is older but sufficient for basic needs
• Maximum two guests allowed in the suite
• Monthly fee includes electricity, gas, heat, water, and up to 400 Mbps Wi-Fi (not for commercial use) (monthly fee billed separately to guests via airbnb).
• Fireplaces are decorative
• Single occupancy use discount applicable for one guest.
• A/Cs and vacuum and other supplies stored in apartment closets
• Limited closet space, but closets in small room, large back bedroom, and hallway
• No hanging closet in front room, armoire with shelving provided for storage
• TV service: no cable provided, one TV equipped with ROKU device for streaming through subscription
• Portable air conditioners available for supplemental fee.
• We suggest guests close interior doors in summer for maximum cooling efficiency
Please let us know if you have any questions about your stay or the neighborhood.
Thank you for considering a stay with us. We are a small family-run business located in the heart of one of the largest cities in the world, offering guests a unique experience that blends the intimacy of a small town with the excitement of New York City. To help ensure a pleasant stay for all our guests, we have developed some policies that we ask guests to familiarize themselves with before booking.
Please note that our apartments and suites are only available for a minimum stay of 30-90 nights, and we cannot make exceptions to this policy. Although we do not offer monthly stay discounts, our pricing is already tailored for monthly stays and is competitively priced compared to short-term stays at hotels in the area.
Our historic townhouse was built in the late 1800s and retains much of its original structure, which may not be suited for all accessibility needs. Please also keep in mind that this is not a modern structure and there may be signs of wear and tear.
We do not have a buzzer or intercom system in the suites, so guests will need to coordinate with delivery services and meet them at the front door of the house. Additionally, as we are located in a bustling city, guests should expect some street noise from construction or traffic.
While we love pets, unfortunately, we cannot accommodate them at our property. We do provide guests with a set of sheets, towels, down pillows, and a down duvet or cotton blanket, and one additional sheet set may be provided upon request.
Please note that there is no laundry facility in the building, but guests have access to many nearby laundry and dry cleaning merchants that offer laundry service by the pound with free pick-up and delivery.
Finally, please note that the host resides on the premises and is available to assist guests as needed during their stay. We hope you have a pleasant experience with us and look forward to welcoming you.
• Third party bookings are not permitted.
• 1871 House is a converted 148-year-old Brownstone. In that it is a historic building constructed in the year 1871 there is no elevator in the building. All suites are accessed via our central open staircase. Guests must transport their own luggage to their booked accommodations.
• Guests will be asked to fill out an informational questionnaire/application and to submit a copy of their government-issued ID. This could be a driver's license, passport or visa.
• Guests shall use the apartments or suites for residential/living purposes only (WFH exception).
• Guests may work from home (home office use only) provided that no employees or clients come to the apartment.
• Guests are prohibited from running a business, manufacturing, selling goods or products (inventory) for the apartment or using the rented premises as an art studio to paint or to create artwork from.
• Smoking is not permitted in the building, rooms, apartments, terrace, in any common/public areas surrounding the Premises or including 25 feet from the building.
• Fireplaces are decorative.
• Guests are liable for any stains on bedding, rugs, upholstery, etc.
• Host may request to show the apartment to prospective Guests. Host will give guest advance notice.
• We ask guests to abide by the house rules and be respectful of the accommodation.
• We will decline reservations that leave undesirable gaps in our schedule.
Terms & Conditions:
Occupancy & Guests
• All individuals who would occupy the Premises during the rental term must be disclosed prior to making a reservation.
• The occupancy agreement is based on a specific number of occupants. The number of occupants as specified in the rental agreement must be adhered to.
• Guests warrant that only individuals listed in the rental agreement can occupy the premises and that any individuals added after the effective date shall be subject to Host approval and additional costs.
• Subject to designated occupancy limits for the suite we charge a monthly management, additional wear & tear and combined supplemental utilities & housekeeping charge for a 2nd regular occupant. If you plan to have a temporary visitor, there is a fee of $85/night + a $100 set-up fee. All fees are taxable.
• Provided the occupancy maximum for the apartment is not violated, we allow for a limited number of overnight guests over a limited period of time. In that we are not a hotel but more of a residential corporate housing extended stay character which has many commonalities with long term leases we wish to advise that if you are considering more than 1 or 2 guests over an approx. 4-8 week period that our facility is not designed for that and we would request you give other places consideration. All overnight guests must be pre-approved and restricted to the numbers mentioned.
• Beds may not be added to any of the suites.
• If a child under 10 years of age will be in occupancy (even part time) provisions must be made for the installation of window guards as per NYC regs. Guests/Occupants pay the cost of the window guards hardware and installation @ an estimated cost of $150/window (6 windows). Children under 10 years may not reside in the apartment unless window guards are installed. A minimum lead time of 30 business days is required for the arrangement and coordination of window guard installation.
• Guest agrees that they will not bring any PETS into the Accommodation
• Guest agrees not to bring any furniture into the suite or to move furniture within the apartment.
• Guest is liable for the full costs of any damages. The security deposit shall be returned only after inspection by Provider/Host and Provider/Host determines that no damages, loss or injury has been done to the premises or property therein and that all charges and fees have been paid.
Upper East Side, Manhattan (NYC) Building Address For Rent: 130 East 62nd Street, New York, NY, 10065
to the Landlord who Posted this Listing