Short Term Rental
Kind of building:
Opportunity to renew:
The poster of this listing is NOT charging a brokerage fee.
Virtual Live Tours:
Dec 02, 2022
We specialize in furnished short term rental apartments, extended-stay & corporate housing accommodations in the heart of New York City on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. 30-90 day minimum.
Base Single Occupancy Rates: $5450 + Fees + Tax
Base Double Occupancy Rates: $6800 + Fees + Tax
SUPPLEMENTAL FEES (please request full cost with fees and tax).
1. Bundled Monthly Fee includes electric, hot/cold water, heat (seasonal) & wi-fi. a/c (seasonal) is a supplemental fee (June-October).
2. Supply of Bedding/Towels: Bedding includes mattress pad, sheet set, cotton blanket, down blanket & duvet cover (seasonal), pillows + towels. Down blankets are not supplied in warm weather months.
3. Exit cleaning fee and 1x monthly cleaning & linen service for multiple month stays.
4. Damage deposit equal to 1 month stay.
5. Occupancy tax (see below).
For single occupancy contracts, there is fee to add a secondary occupant. The fee covers additional operating expenses such as wear and tear, utilities, more prep and cleaning, water (showers, toilets, sink us), supplies such as towels and bedding, laundry & internet. There's a monthly fee to add a 2nd regular occupant or a daily fee for a temporary overnight visitor. All guests must be approved in advance.
NEW YORK OCCUPANCY TAX (for stays under 180 days):
-Short-term rentals in New York City are subject to the below listed taxes.
-New York City Hotel Occupancy Tax: 5.875%
-NY City Hotel Tax: $2/room/night
-For tax purposes, this suite is comprised of four rooms (Living room, bedroom, kitchen and small accessory room)
-No tax is due from guests who are considered to be permanent residents. To be considered a permanent resident of New York State, a guest must stay for at least 180 consecutive days without interruption.
A beautiful fully furnished apartment on fantastic block between Park Avenue and Lexington Avenue.
3 floors above the entry hall level, this apartment occupies the complete floor of the brownstone, extending from front to back and thereby providing two special sets of views: the facing row of timeless townhouses and activity of 62nd street to the north, and a cityscape view of skyscrapers, as well as the House's lovely garden below, to the south.
The back portion of the apartment, facing south, consists of a larger bedroom furnished with a queen bedroom. Adjacent to the bedroom is a smaller room furnished with table and chair. The front, facing north, constitutes the main living area and is furnished with a sofa and coffee table as well as a single daybed.
The breakfast nook off the kitchen includes a table and chair set. The latter, offering that picturesque northern view accompanying morning coffee or dining, has a convincing claim on most delightful eating spot in the building, and it's no shoo-in contest!
The apartment's airy expansiveness is further enhanced by the approximately 10 foot ceilings and parquet-style hardwood floors, both of which extend throughout the suite. Two marble fireplaces, sure to draw the eye in and give perspective to the spacious suite, are found: one in the larger back bedroom and one near the front, dividing the sitting area from the queen bed there. A kitchen, w/refrigerator, gas range/oven, dishwasher, coffeemaker, toaster oven, & supply of utensils, dishes, pots, drinking glasses & cups.
We think you should know:
-As 1871 House is a historical building and retains much of its 19th Century structure, it is not suited for all accessibility needs.
-This home was built in 1871, so there are signs of wear and tear.
-The charming, late 1800s townhouse, is not a modern structure – think creaky floorboards and sloping wood floors.
-There’s no elevator in the building and the apartment is three flights up from the entry hall level.
-As this is NYC, you shouldn’t expect the streets below to be quiet – there may be construction or traffic noise nearby.
-This suite is not equipped with an intercom or buzzer system.
-Pets & Smoking are not permitted
-The kitchen is small and a bit older, but still good enough to prepare your morning coffee and other basics.
-The 2 fireplaces are decorative.
-This is a large full-floor 1-BR apartment with a small separate room furnished for WFH office. Additionally, there is a living room, kitchen and dining area. The living room is furnished with a twin daybed. We are sorry but we cannot add any beds or move the small bed into the WFH space.
-The maximum number of primary guests allowed is two. Starting rates are based on single occupancy.
-Wi-Fi is provided with the monthly bundled fee. Please note that the Wi-Fi is intended for basic residential or home office use only such as emails, and not for heavy download of large data files.
-TV SERVICE: The apartment is equipped with one TV. The TV is equipped with a ROKU device for streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime or your favorite TV app through subscription. The choice of what to watch and what to pay for is up to you. To access fee-based programming, you must be a subscriber and login with your own username and password. Cable TV is not provided.
• Third party bookings are not permitted.
• 1871 House is a converted 148-year-old Brownstone. In that it is a historic building constructed in the year 1871 there is no elevator in the building. All suites are accessed via our central open staircase. Guests must transport their own luggage to their booked accommodations.
• Guests will be asked to fill out an informational questionnaire/application and to submit a copy of their government-issued ID. This could be a driver's license, passport or visa.
• Guests shall use the apartments or suites for residential/living purposes only (WFH exception).
• Guests may work from home (home office use only) provided that no employees or clients come to the apartment.
• Guests are prohibited from running a business, manufacturing, selling goods or products (inventory) for the apartment or using the rented premises as an art studio to paint or to create artwork from.
• Smoking is not permitted in the building, rooms, apartments, terrace, in any common/public areas surrounding the Premises or including 25 feet from the building.
• Fireplaces are decorative.
• Guests are liable for any stains on bedding, rugs, upholstery, etc.
• Host may request to show the apartment to prospective Guests. Host will give guest advance notice.
• We ask guests to abide by the house rules and be respectful of the accommodation.
• We will decline reservations that leave undesirable gaps in our schedule.
Terms & Conditions:
Occupancy & Guests
• All individuals who would occupy the Premises during the rental term must be disclosed prior to making a reservation.
• The occupancy agreement is based on a specific number of occupants. The number of occupants as specified in the rental agreement must be adhered to.
• Guests warrant that only individuals listed in the rental agreement can occupy the premises and that any individuals added after the effective date shall be subject to Host approval and additional costs.
• Subject to designated occupancy limits for the suite we charge a monthly management, additional wear & tear and combined supplemental utilities & housekeeping charge for a 2nd regular occupant. If you plan to have a temporary visitor, there is a fee of $85/night + a $100 set-up fee. All fees are taxable.
• Provided the occupancy maximum for the apartment is not violated, we allow for a limited number of overnight guests over a limited period of time. In that we are not a hotel but more of a residential corporate housing extended stay character which has many commonalities with long term leases we wish to advise that if you are considering more than 1 or 2 guests over an approx. 4-8 week period that our facility is not designed for that and we would request you give other places consideration. All overnight guests must be pre-approved and restricted to the numbers mentioned.
• Beds may not be added to any of the suites.
• If a child under 10 years of age will be in occupancy (even part time) provisions must be made for the installation of window guards as per NYC regs. Guests/Occupants pay the cost of the window guards hardware and installation @ an estimated cost of $150/window (6 windows). Children under 10 years may not reside in the apartment unless window guards are installed. A minimum lead time of 30 business days is required for the arrangement and coordination of window guard installation.
• Guest agrees that they will not bring any PETS into the Accommodation
• Guest agrees not to bring any furniture into the suite or to move furniture within the apartment.
• Guest is liable for the full costs of any damages. The security deposit shall be returned only after inspection by Provider/Host and Provider/Host determines that no damages, loss or injury has been done to the premises or property therein and that all charges and fees have been paid.
We specialize in furnished short term rental, extended-stay & corporate housing accommodations in the heart of New York City within the Upper East Side of Manhattan. As the Townhouse was built in 1871, it is not handicap accessible. All apartments are accessed via our central open staircase. There isn't an elevator. We regret we are unable to accommodate pets (sorry, no exceptions). Smoking is not permitted. All stays must meet our 30-90 day min.
-There are several suites housed within the classic late 1800s era NYC brownstone townhouse. The five-story Italianate style brownstone was designed by John Sexton and built in 1871 as part of a row of four single family brownstone houses.
-The brownstone building, which sits within the Upper East Side Historic District, presently offers a collection of one-of-a kind suites and suite apartments dedicated to the extended stay market. The generously sized suites and apartments are housed within the 5-story classic 1870's era brownstone tucked among other gorgeous townhouse and historic buildings on an inviting residential street between Park and Lexington Avenues. The historic turn-of-the-century brownstone brings style and easy access to the busy city.
-The wonderful stylized apartments of the townhouse feature a mix of antique and good quality reproduction furniture, hardwood floors, beautiful beds, en-suite private bathrooms, as well as high ceilings, marble fireplace mantels and modern amenities such as flat-screen TVs and Wi-Fi.
-Rooms in the front part of the house have quite stunning views of the townhouse mansions and brownstones immediately across the street from the house. Serene garden views to the Rear.
-The townhouse apartments offer stylish accommodations conveniently located a couple of blocks from Central Park, Madison Avenue shopping and Manhattan’s finest restaurants and cafes.
-There is virtually nothing comparable in the prime NYC location.
Upper East Side, Manhattan (NYC) Building Address For Rent: 130 East 62nd Street, New York, NY, 10065
to the Landlord who Posted this Listing