Short Term Rental
Kind of building:
Opportunity to renew:
The poster of this listing is NOT charging a brokerage fee.
Virtual Live Tours:
Nov 28, 2023
We specialize in furnished short term rental apartments, extended-stay & corporate housing accommodations in the heart of New York City on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. 30-90-180 day minimum. The monthly accommodation cost EXCLUDES utilities and tax.
Base Single Occupancy Rates: $5850 + Fees + Tax
Base Double Occupancy Rates: $7200 + Fees + Tax
The monthly accommodation cost excludes utilities and tax. To receive a full cost estimate kindly take a moment to address the following points.
To receive a full cost estimate, kindly r provide us with a few details about your requirements. The more information you can share, the more effectively we can tailor our response to your needs. Please include information such as:
1.Your desired check-in and check-out dates.
2.The number of occupants (single or double).
3.Any specific apartment preferences.
4.The purpose of your stay.
5.Will you be working during your stay? If yes, what's your profession or type of work?
6.Will you be working remotely or commuting to an office?
7.If you would be bringing a pet
8.If you are a smoker
We do not offer tours of occupied apartments. This policy is in place to respect the privacy and comfort of our current residents as well as to more efficiently manage our resources. Tours may be available for stays of six months or longer, and we encourage you to consider this option if it aligns with your plans.
Once we receive more details about your needs, we will be better equipped to assist you in making an informed decision.
In addition to the accommodation cost, a separate bundled monthly fee includes the below services (fees & tax):
1. Electricity, gas, heat (seasonal), water, and WiFi. Portable air conditioners are available at an additional monthly fee.
2. Supply of bedding/towels & kitchenware: Bedding includes mattress pad, sheet set, cotton blanket, down blanket & duvet cover (seasonal), pillows + towels. Down blankets are not provided in warm weather months.
3. 1x exit cleaning fee
4. 1x Interim month cleaning & linen service for multiple month stays.
NEW YORK OCCUPANCY TAX (for stays under 180 days):
-Rentals for fewer than 180 days in New York City are subject to the below listed taxes.
-New York City Hotel Occupancy Tax: 5.875%
-NY City Hotel Tax: $2/room/night
-For tax purposes, this suite is comprised of four rooms (Living room, bedroom, kitchen and small accessory room)
-No tax is due from guests who are considered to be permanent residents.
-To be considered a permanent resident of New York State, a guest must stay for at least 180 consecutive days without interruption.
Special Single Occupancy Discount! Our rates are designed to provide exceptional value for solo travelers. The listed rate is for single occupancy, offering you a significant discount for enjoying our space all to yourself. For an additional guest, there is a small charge of $1200-$1350 per 30 days to cover additional operating expenses such as utilities, more prep and cleaning, water (showers, toilets, sink us), supplies such as towels and bedding, laundry & internet and wear and tear. By default, our rates are tailored for single occupancy, allowing you to enjoy a more affordable stay. If you wish to add another occupant, we'd be delighted to accommodate them for a small fee. Experience the comfort and value of our space, whether you're traveling alone or with a companion!
The monthly fee to add a second occupant is applicable only if the additional occupant remains the same person throughout the duration of the stay and not a revolving set of guests. If you plan to have overnight guests during your stay, there will be a fee of $100 + $85 per night + tax for each overnight guest. All guests must be approved in advance.
If you are booking for single occupancy, our policy strictly permits only you to stay in the apartment during the occupancy period.If you're expecting any guests during your stay, we'd appreciate it if you could let us know in advance. We want to ensure that our policies are followed and everyone has an enjoyable experience.
This 830 square feet apartment occupies the entire floor of an intimate townhouse and features unique views of the city. The front of the apartment faces a row of townhouses and East 62nd Street, while the rear overlooks a garden and cityscape.
The apartment has a spacious living room, kitchen, bathroom, a large rear bedroom, and a small room that can be used as a study. The apartment is adorned with many antique furniture pieces, two ornate marble fireplaces, parquet hardwood flooring, high ceilings, and crown molding.
The kitchen is equipped with basic appliances including a 20-inch Gas Range with 4 burners and compact oven capacity, a dishwasher, an apartment size refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. The bathroom has a combination bathtub/shower.
The apartment sleeps 1 or 2 guests (sorry no exceptions). .
The apartment is not equipped with cable TV, but it has a Roku device for streaming services. Note that the apartment is 3 flights up from the house's entry hall level and doesn't have an elevator, so guests should be prepared to climb stairs.
Important information to know about this apartment
• 30-night minimum for last minute reservations (sorry we can’t make exceptions).
• We prioritize back-to-back bookings to minimize unoccupied days. We may decline requests for non contiguous advance reservations or require a 90-180 day stay minimum.
• This is a 1BR apartment and occupancy is limited to 2 persons. There is a supplemental fee to add a 2nd guest occupant.
• Bedroom at the rear, small adjacent room designed for use as a study/office, living room, kitchen and bathroom.
• There's no elevator in the building and the apartment is 3 flights up from the ground floor entry hall level.
• May not be suitable for guests with mobility issues or lots of luggage
• Daybed in front room for flexibility, allows two adults to share apartment
• Kitchen is older but sufficient for basic needs
• Maximum two guests allowed in the suite
• Monthly fee includes electricity, gas, heat, water, and up to 400 Mbps Wi-Fi (not for commercial use) (monthly fee billed separately to guests via airbnb).
• Fireplaces are decorative
• Single occupancy use discount applicable for one guest.
• a/c's, vacuum and other supplies for guest use are stored in the apartment closets
• Limited closet space, but closets in small room, large back bedroom, and hallway
• No hanging closet in front room, armoire with shelving provided for storage
• TV service: no cable provided, one TV equipped with ROKU device for streaming through subscription
• Portable air conditioners available for supplemental fee (June-October).
Please let us know if you have any questions about your stay or the neighborhood.
• 2nd and or 3rd party bookings are not permitted.
• 1871 House is a converted 152-year-old Brownstone. In that it is a historic building constructed in the year 1871 there is no elevator in the building. All suites are accessed via our central open staircase. Guests must transport luggage to their booked accommodations.
• Guests will be asked to fill out an informational questionnaire/application and to submit a copy of their government-issued ID.
• Guests shall use the apartments or suites for residential/living purposes only (WFH exception).
• Guests may work from home (home office use only) provided that no employees or clients come to the apartment.
• Guests are prohibited from running a business, manufacturing, selling goods or products (inventory) for the apartment or using the rented premises as an art studio to paint or to create artwork from.
• Smoking is not permitted in the building, rooms, apartments, terrace, in any common/public areas surrounding the Premises or including 25 feet from the building.
• Fireplaces are decorative.
• Guests are liable for any stains on bedding, rugs, upholstery, etc.
• Host may request to show the apartment to prospective Guests. Host will give guest advance notice.
• We ask guests to abide by the house rules and be respectful of the accommodation.
• We will decline reservations that leave undesirable gaps in our schedule.
Terms & Conditions:
Occupancy & Guests
• All individuals who would occupy the Premises during the rental term must be disclosed prior to making a reservation.
• The occupancy agreement is based on a specific number of occupants. The number of occupants as specified in the rental agreement must be adhered to.
• Guests warrant that only individuals listed in the rental agreement can occupy the premises and that any individuals added after the effective date shall be subject to Host approval and additional costs.
• Subject to designated occupancy limits for the suite we charge a monthly management, additional wear & tear and combined supplemental utilities & housekeeping charge for a 2nd regular occupant. If you plan to have a temporary visitor, there is a fee of $85/night + a $100 set-up fee. All fees are taxable.
• Provided the occupancy maximum for the apartment is not violated, we allow for a limited number of overnight guests over a limited period of time. In that we are not a hotel but more of a residential corporate housing extended stay character which has many commonalities with long term leases we wish to advise that if you are considering more than 1 or 2 guests over an approx. 4-8 week period that our facility is not designed for that and we would request you give other places consideration. All overnight guests must be pre-approved and restricted to the numbers mentioned.
• Beds may not be added to any of the suites.
• If a child under 10 years of age will be in occupancy (even part time) provisions must be made for the installation of window guards as per NYC regs. Guests/Occupants pay the cost of the window guards hardware and installation @ an estimated cost of $150/window (6 windows). Children under 10 years may not reside in the apartment unless window guards are installed. A minimum lead time of 30 business days is required for the arrangement and coordination of window guard installation.
• Guest agrees that they will not bring any PETS into the Accommodation
• Guest agrees not to bring any furniture into the suite or to move furniture within the apartment.
• Guest is liable for the full costs of any damages. The security deposit shall be returned only after inspection by Provider/Host and Provider/Host determines that no damages, loss or injury has been done to the premises or property therein and that all charges and fees have been paid.
Thank you for considering a stay with us. We are a small family-run business located in the heart of one of the largest cities in the world, offering guests a unique experience that blends the intimacy of a small town with the excitement of New York City. To help ensure a pleasant stay for all our guests, we have developed some policies that we ask guests to familiarize themselves with before booking.
Please note that our apartments and suites are only available for a minimum stay of 30-90-180 nights, and we cannot make exceptions to this policy. We don't offer discounts for monthly stays as our pricing is already priced for monthly stays and is competitively priced compared to short-term stays at hotels or hotel alternatives in the area.
Our historic townhouse was built in the late 1800s and retains much of its original structure, which may not be suited for all accessibility needs. Please also keep in mind that this is not a modern structure and there may be signs of wear and tear.
We do not have a buzzer or intercom system in the suites, so guests will need to coordinate with delivery services and meet them at the front door of the house. Additionally, as we are located in a bustling city, guests should expect some street noise from construction or traffic.
While we love pets, unfortunately, we cannot accommodate them at our property. We do provide guests with a set of sheets, towels, down pillows, and a down duvet or cotton blanket, and one additional sheet set may be provided upon request.
Please note that there is no laundry facility in the building, but guests have access to many nearby laundry and dry cleaning merchants that offer laundry service by the pound with free pick-up and delivery.
Finally, please note that the host resides on the premises and is available to assist guests as needed during their stay. We hope you have a pleasant experience with us and look forward to welcoming you.
Upper East Side, Manhattan (NYC) Building Address For Rent: 130 East 62nd Street, New York, NY, 10065
to the Landlord who Posted this Listing