Short Term Rental
Kind of building:
Opportunity to renew:
The poster of this listing is NOT charging a brokerage fee.
Virtual Live Tours:
Nov 28, 2023
We specialize in furnished short term rental apartments, extended-stay & corporate housing accommodations in the heart of New York City on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. 30-90-180 day minimum. The monthly accommodation cost EXCLUDES utilities and tax.
Single Occupancy Base Rate: $5250 + Fees + Tax
Double Occupancy Base Rate: $6450 + Fees + Tax
The monthly accommodation cost excludes utilities and tax. To receive a full cost estimate kindly take a moment to address the following points.
To receive a full cost estimate, kindly provide us with a few details about your requirements. The more information you can share, the more effectively we can tailor our response to your needs. Please include information such as:
1.Your desired check-in and check-out dates.
2.The number of occupants (single or double).
3.Any specific apartment preferences.
4.The purpose of your stay.
5.Will you be working during your stay? If yes, what's your profession or type of work?
6.Will you be working remotely or commuting to an office?
7.If you would be bringing a pet
8.If you are a smoker
We do not offer tours of occupied apartments. This policy is in place to respect the privacy and comfort of our current residents as well as to more efficiently manage our resources. Tours may be available for stays of six months or longer, and we encourage you to consider this option if it aligns with your plans.
Once we receive more details about your needs, we will be better equipped to assist you in making an informed decision.
In addition to the accommodation cost, a separate bundled monthly fee includes the below services (fees & tax):
1. Electricity, gas, heat (seasonal), water, and WiFi. Portable air conditioners are available at an additional monthly fee.
2. Supply of bedding/towels & kitchenware: Bedding includes mattress pad, sheet set, cotton blanket, down blanket & duvet cover (seasonal), pillows + towels. Down blankets are not provided in warm weather months.
3. 1x exit cleaning fee
4. 1x Interim month cleaning & linen service for multiple month stays.
NEW YORK OCCUPANCY TAX (for stays under 180 days):
-Rentals for fewer than 180 days in New York City are subject to the below listed taxes.
-New York City Hotel Occupancy Tax: 5.875%
-NY City Hotel Tax: $2/room/night
-For tax purposes, this suite is comprised of 2 rooms
-No tax is due from guests who are considered to be permanent residents.
-To be considered a permanent resident of New York State, a guest must stay for at least 180 consecutive days without interruption.
Special Single Occupancy Discount! Our rates are designed to provide exceptional value for solo travelers. The listed rate is for single occupancy, offering you a significant discount for enjoying our space all to yourself. For an additional guest, there is a small charge of $1200-$1350 per 30 days to cover additional operating expenses such as utilities, more prep and cleaning, water (showers, toilets, sink us), supplies such as towels and bedding, laundry & internet and wear and tear. By default, our rates are tailored for single occupancy, allowing you to enjoy a more affordable stay. If you wish to add another occupant, we'd be delighted to accommodate them for a small fee. Experience the comfort and value of our space, whether you're traveling alone or with a companion!
The monthly fee to add a second occupant is applicable only if the additional occupant remains the same person throughout the duration of the stay and not a revolving set of guests. If you plan to have overnight guests during your stay, there will be a fee of $100 + $85 per night + tax for each overnight guest. All guests must be approved in advance.
If you are booking for single occupancy, our policy strictly permits only you to stay in the apartment during the occupancy period.If you're expecting any guests during your stay, we'd appreciate it if you could let us know in advance. We want to ensure that our policies are followed and everyone has an enjoyable experience.
Two flights above the lobby sits the Rear Library, a studio suite that exudes a kind of palatial serenity, owing to its spacious size and its queen-size sleigh bed, and an entire wall of floor-to-ceiling books.
The south-facing suite gets lots of light through its three lace-clad windows, which overlook a garden and terrace. The quiet studio suite is positioned in the rear part of the building. The beautiful oak parquet floors, the imposing marble fireplace, and the 10-foot ceilings all contribute to the expansive quality of the room. A large area rug, a bureau, an antique armoire, and a round dining table with chairs complete the suite’s furnishings.
The Rear Library also includes a compact kitchen with a microwave, toaster, regular ovens, a stove, a coffee maker, sink, and full-size refrigerator. The en-suite bathroom is the most recently renovated in the entire townhouse and consists of a just-rebuilt tiled shower, pedestal sink, and toilet.
Things you might want to know:
-As 1871 House is a historical building and retains much of its 19th Century structure, it is not suited for all accessibility needs.
-The charming, late 1800s townhouse, is not a modern structure – think creaky floorboards and things as such
-This suite does not have a buzzer system
-This suite faces the garden side of the house.
-This suite consists of one large room without a separate bedroom area
-The suite is 2 flights above the main hall entrance of the house
-There’s no elevator in the building and the suite is two flights up from the house’s entry hall level.
-The kitchen is small but still good enough to prepare your morning coffee and other basics.
-Only two guests maximum are permitted.
-The fireplace is decorative
-Pets are not permitted.
-Room includes Panasonic 26" 720p LCD HDTV
-The TV includes a ROKU device for streaming. The choice of what to watch and what to pay for is up to you. To access fee-based programming, you must be a subscriber and login with your own username and password.
-The Front Library can be booked together with the Rear Library and the two rooms connect to each other via a connecting interior door and hallway through the kitchen.
• Third party bookings are not permitted.
• 1871 House is a converted 148-year-old Brownstone. In that it is a historic building constructed in the year 1871 there is no elevator in the building. All suites are accessed via our central open staircase. Guests must transport their own luggage to their booked accommodations.
• Guests will be asked to fill out an informational questionnaire/application and to submit a copy of their government-issued ID. This could be a driver's license, passport or visa.
• Guests shall use the apartments or suites for residential/living purposes only (WFH exception).
• Guests may work from home (home office use only) provided that no employees or clients come to the apartment.
• Guests are prohibited from running a business, manufacturing, selling goods or products (inventory) for the apartment or using the rented premises as an art studio to paint or to create artwork from.
• Smoking is not permitted in the building, rooms, apartments, terrace, in any common/public areas surrounding the Premises or including 25 feet from the building.
• Fireplaces are decorative.
• Guests are liable for any stains on bedding, rugs, upholstery, etc.
• Host may request to show the apartment to prospective Guests. Host will give guest advance notice.
• We ask guests to abide by the house rules and be respectful of the accommodation.
• We will decline reservations that leave undesirable gaps in our schedule.
Terms & Conditions:
Occupancy & Guests
• All individuals who would occupy the Premises during the rental term must be disclosed prior to making a reservation.
• The occupancy agreement is based on a specific number of occupants. The number of occupants as specified in the rental agreement must be adhered to.
• Guests warrant that only individuals listed in the rental agreement can occupy the premises and that any individuals added after the effective date shall be subject to Host approval and additional costs.
• Subject to designated occupancy limits for the suite we charge a monthly management, additional wear & tear and combined supplemental utilities & housekeeping charge for a 2nd regular occupant. If you plan to have a temporary visitor, there is a fee of $100 + $85/night. All fees are taxable.
• Provided the occupancy maximum for the apartment is not violated, we allow for a limited number of overnight guests over a limited period of time. In that we are not a hotel but more of a residential corporate housing extended stay character which has many commonalities with long term leases we wish to advise that if you are considering more than 1 or 2 guests over an approx. 4-8 week period that our facility is not designed for that and we would request you give other places consideration. All overnight guests must be pre-approved and restricted to the numbers mentioned.
• Beds may not be added to any of the suites.
• If a child under 10 years of age will be in occupancy (even part time) provisions must be made for the installation of window guards as per NYC regs. Guests/Occupants pay the cost of the window guards hardware and installation @ an estimated cost of $150/window (6 windows). Children under 10 years may not reside in the apartment unless window guards are installed. A minimum lead time of 30 business days is required for the arrangement and coordination of window guard installation.
• Guest agrees that they will not bring any PETS into the Accommodation
• Guest agrees not to bring any furniture or bulk items into the suite or to move furniture or decorative items within the apartment.
• Guest is liable for the full costs of any damages. The security deposit shall be returned only after inspection by Provider/Host and Provider/Host determines that no damages, loss or injury has been done to the premises or property therein and that all charges and fees have been paid.
To be exempt from all taxes, the occupant must have a signed lease agreement with the term exceeding 179 consecutive days. If the occupant does not complete 180 days of continuous occupancy, any taxes not previously collected become immediately due and payable. We will collect the occupancy tax and credit it back to you once you have exceeded 179 days occupancy.
Upper East Side, Manhattan (NYC) Building Address For Rent: 130 East 62nd Street, New York, NY, 10065
to the Landlord who Posted this Listing