Got Landlord's Permission
Can be Furnished OR Unfurnished
Kind of building:
Opportunity to renew:
The poster of this listing is NOT charging a brokerage fee.
Virtual Live Tours:
Yes, upon request
Jan 05, 2022
I will be subleasing my amazing living space in Secaucus from mid-March through mid-September while I hike the Appalachian Trail. This space is a perfect opportunity for a recent graduate or someone in between locations (essentially anyone that does not have/want their own furniture).
The space is the first-floor of a 2-family home just at the edge of Millcreek Point Park in the North End of Secaucus. It's awesome here as you are surrounded by parks with city views.
You will have a private large bedroom, large office/workout room, large bathroom and shared kitchen and living room.
(OPTION TO RENT ONLY 1 BEDROOM FOR $900/month)
About the space:
- 1 large bedroom with lots of light and bathroom (tub/shower/washer/dryer) and smaller attached bedroom that serves best as office/yoga/workout/dance space (please note there is a dance pole in the center of the room).
- Large closet space in office/dance room
- Queen size bed platform
- Ample closets, cabinets, dressers etc. space
- Modern, earthy decor to remain in space (hand made drift wood shelves, curtains, shower curtain, succulent plants)
- Office desk with medium size screen monitor and chair can also be provided
- large Samsung flat screen with stereo and Xbox
- Shared kitchen and large living room with extra large flat screen TV
- Access too large fenced in yard with in ground pool
- Readily available street parking
- All utilities and internet included
Option to rent only the large bedroom for $900/ month...I would use 2nd bedroom for my storage.
Roommate: You will have one awesome roommate, Rob, along with my dog, Lia. As this will be a shared living space, we will need to get to know you by way of live meeting (or virtual if you are out of NJ/NY area), 2 references (one personal and one professional), background and credit check. Sharing of social media links and LinkedIn preferred.
This is a peaceful home, so the ideal roommate will be seeking and keeping such.
- Can hold a conversation and a source of fun facts
- Lived in Northern Ireland in the 80s through early 2000
- Has an 11-year old son that visits every other weekend - you may not even realize he is here as he is the quietest child I've ever encountered
- All around laid back and certified good person
- 40 pounds of mystery mixed breed (possible Lab/Whippet)
- Rarely barks, frequently begs
- Loves her ball and rope
- Will be immensely missed while I am gone, and hoping she will have a new friend
Rob will serve as Lia's caretaker while I am away.
The house is on 'waterfront' property with the meadowlands /Hackensack river directly behind the fenced in backyard.
Secaucus is prime location that offers convenient public and personal transportation into the city.
Town perks include:
- free morning and evening shuttle to Secaucus Junction (my door to door commute when I worked in the city was 1 hour to SoHo, and 20 minutes home by Uber if working/staying out late)
- Modern gym/recreation center/pool complex 3-minute walk from house
- Biking/running/nature trails next to home
- 24 hour CVS and other convenient stores.
- Quick access to turnpike, route 3, route 17, Newark Airport (less than 25 minutes no traffic)
- 1 hour to mountains and first shore points
I've attached some photos of the living space. The move-in and out dates may be flexible. I will likely be out of the space on or around March 12th and will have the place professionally deep cleaned for your arrival.
We are generally clean people and tidy up at least every 2 weeks. Environmentally friendly cleaning supplies along with Dyson vacuum is provided for your general maintenance cleaning.
By now you are either interested or not...if interested please reach out and we'll setup time for a phone call and next steps!
I'm hiking the Appalachian Trail
Reduced rent if paying 6 months up front = $5,400 for 6 months
Utilities and internet included
Other (New Jersey) Building Address For Rent: 47 Millridge Road, Secaucus, NJ, 07094
to the Tenant who Posted this Listing