Short Term Rental
Kind of building:
Opportunity to renew:
The poster of this listing is NOT charging a brokerage fee.
Virtual Live Tours:
Yes, upon request
Sep 24, 2022
We specialize in furnished short term rental apartments, extended-stay & corporate housing accommodations in the heart of New York City on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. 30-90 day minimum.
Cost per 30 days (Single Occupancy): $4350 + fees + tax (please inquire)
Cost per 30 days (Double Occupancy): $5350 + fees + tax (please inquire)
SUPPLEMENTAL FEES (please request full cost with fees and tax).
1. Bundled Monthly Fee includes electric, hot/cold water, heat (seasonal) & wi-fi. a/c (seasonal) is a supplemental fee (June-October).
2. Supply of Bedding/Towels: Bedding includes mattress pad, sheet set, cotton blanket, down blanket & duvet cover (seasonal), pillows + towels. Down blankets are not supplied in warm weather months.
3. Exit cleaning fee and 1x monthly cleaning & linen service for multiple month stays.
4. Damage deposit equal to 1 month stay.
5. Occupancy tax (see below).
For single occupancy contracts, there is fee to add a secondary occupant. The fee covers additional operating expenses such as wear and tear, utilities, more prep and cleaning, water (showers, toilets, sink us), supplies such as towels and bedding, laundry & internet. There's a monthly fee to add a 2nd regular occupant or a daily fee for a temporary overnight visitor. All guests must be approved in advance.
NEW YORK OCCUPANCY TAX (for stays under 180 days):
-Short-term rentals in New York City are subject to the below listed taxes.
-New York City Hotel Occupancy Tax: 5.875%
-NY City Hotel Tax: $2/room/night
-For tax purposes, this suite is comprised of two rooms (the main room and the kitchenette)
-No tax is due from guests who are considered to be permanent residents. To be considered a permanent resident of New York State, a guest must stay (at the premises) for at least 180 consecutive days without interruption.
To be exempt from all taxes, the occupant must have a signed lease agreement with the term exceeding 179 consecutive days. If the occupant does not complete 180 days of continuous occupancy, any taxes not previously collected become immediately due and payable. We will collect the occupancy tax and credit it back to you once you have exceeded 179 days occupancy.
Beautiful Fully Furnished Studio Apartment on Fantastic Block between Park Avenue and Lexington Avenue. Fully furnished with queen bed, sofa, flat screen TV, area rug, armoire.
One flight above our entry foyer, guests find the studio apartment we call our Parlor Studio. The Parlor Studio overlooks a row of elegant East 62nd Street townhouses. Boasting a 12' ceiling, hardwood flooring, three over-sized double pane windows with bamboo shades and lace panels facing tree-lined East 62nd Street, and a classic fireplace mantle, the Parlor Studio, in all its exquisite pre-war detail, extends to nearly 327 square feet (30 m²).
The Parlor Studio (apartment 1F) is a grand beautifully furnished apartment situated on the Parlor level of the 19th century UES Brownstone on 62nd Street off Park Avenue. A short walk to Central Park & situated on a lovely tree-lined block, the classic NYC townhouse that houses this homey apartment, has the privacy & allure of sophisticated country living, in the most desirable neighborhood in Manhattan.
The butler's pantry is fully equipped with open shelving, a refrigerator/freezer, microwave and toaster oven, sink, electric coffee maker and kettle. Dishes are provided. Adjacent to the kitchenette is a round marble bistro table and chair set. Bathroom with pedestal sink and shower/bathtub combo. Please note Fireplace may not be used/ornamental only.
The furniture, too, consists of carefully curated, individual pieces: an antique 19th century iron bed, resized to queen, an 18th century armoire from France's Provence region, a stylish slip-covered sofa, and an area wool rug. The list goes on: you can keep your clothes in a Victorian-era chest of drawers or leave your purse on a circa 1870 American Empire card table. The walls are adorned with reproductions of the prints of Toulouse-Lautrec .
• Third party bookings are not permitted.
• 1871 House is a converted 148-year-old Brownstone. In that it is a historic building constructed in the year 1871 there is no elevator in the building. All suites are accessed via our central open staircase. Guests must transport their own luggage to their booked accommodations.
• Guests will be asked to fill out an informational questionnaire/application and to submit a copy of their government-issued ID. This could be a driver's license, passport or visa.
• Guests shall use the apartments or suites for residential/living purposes only (WFH exception).
• Guests may work from home (home office use only) provided that no employees or clients come to the apartment.
• Guests are prohibited from running a business, manufacturing, selling goods or products (inventory) for the apartment or using the rented premises as an art studio to paint or to create artwork from.
• Smoking is not permitted in the building, rooms, apartments, terrace, in any common/public areas surrounding the Premises or including 25 feet from the building.
• Fireplaces are decorative.
• Guests are liable for any stains on bedding, rugs, upholstery, etc.
• Host may request to show the apartment to prospective Guests. Host will give guest advance notice.
• We ask guests to abide by the house rules and be respectful of the accommodation.
• We will decline reservations that leave undesirable gaps in our schedule.
Terms & Conditions:
Occupancy & Guests
• All individuals who would occupy the Premises during the rental term must be disclosed prior to making a reservation.
• The occupancy agreement is based on a specific number of occupants. The number of occupants as specified in the rental agreement must be adhered to.
• Guests warrant that only individuals listed in the rental agreement can occupy the premises and that any individuals added after the effective date shall be subject to Host approval and additional costs.
• Subject to designated occupancy limits for the suite we charge a monthly management, additional wear & tear and combined supplemental utilities & housekeeping charge of $1000/month for a 2nd regular occupant. If you plan to have a temporary visitor, there is a fee of $85/night + a $100 set-up fee. All fees are taxable.
• Provided the occupancy maximum for the apartment is not violated, we allow for a limited number of overnight guests over a limited period of time. In that we are not a hotel but more of a residential corporate housing extended stay character which has many commonalities with long term leases we wish to advise that if you are considering more than 1 or 2 guests over an approx. 4-8 week period that our facility is not designed for that and we would request you give other places consideration. All overnight guests must be pre-approved and restricted to the numbers mentioned.
• Beds may not be added to any of the suites.
• If a child under 10 years of age will be in occupancy (even part time) provisions must be made for the installation of window guards as per NYC regs. Guests/Occupants pay the cost of the window guards hardware and installation @ an estimated cost of $150/window (6 windows). Children under 10 years may not reside in the apartment unless window guards are installed. A minimum lead time of 30 business days is required for the arrangement and coordination of window guard installation.
• Guest agrees that they will not bring any PETS into the Accommodation
• Guest agrees not to bring any furniture into the suite or to move furniture within the apartment.
• Guest is liable for the full costs of any damages. The security deposit shall be returned only after inspection by Provider/Host and Provider/Host determines that no damages, loss or injury has been done to the premises or property therein and that all charges and fees have been paid.
The least expensive base rate is applicable for single occupancy. We have a monthly second Occupant Fee or a fee for temporary Overnight Guests.
Upper East Side, Manhattan (NYC) Building Address For Rent: 130 East 62nd Street, New York, NY, 10065
to the Landlord who Posted this Listing