Short Term Rental
Kind of building:
Opportunity to renew:
The poster of this listing is NOT charging a brokerage fee.
Virtual Live Tours:
Feb 24, 2024
We specialize in furnished short term rental apartments, extended-stay & corporate housing accommodations in the heart of New York City on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. In order to comply with local regulations we have a 30-night minimum (sorry no exceptions). Please note that, depending on specific dates, a stay longer than 30-days may be requested.
Base Rate (Single Occupancy): $3975 + Fees + Tax
The above-specified accommodation cost is applicable for a 30-day period and EXCLUDES utilities and tax.
To receive a full cost estimate (including all fees + occupancy tax), kindly provide us with a few details about your requirements (complete the provided questionnaire (1-10). This information is necessary for us to understand your needs and preferences adequately.
1. Travel Dates: Please share your preferred arrival and departure dates. Are your travel dates flexible?
2. Apartment or Suite Preference: Do you have a specific apartment or suite in mind?
3. Will you be working during your stay? If yes, what's your profession or type of work?
5. Work Setup: Will you be working remotely or commuting to an office?
6. Budget: Do you have a budget range in mind?
7. Purpose of Your Visit: A brief description of your trip's purpose will assist us in understanding your needs better.
8. Occupancy: How many guests will be staying?
9. Guests/Visitors: Only registered guests are permitted.
10. We maintain a strict no-pets and no-smoking policy. Kindly confirm that you'll be respecting these guidelines during your stay.
Please note we do not offer tours of occupied apartments for short term stay requests. This policy is in place to respect the privacy and comfort of our current residents as well as to more efficiently manage our resources. Tours may be available for stays of six months or longer.
In addition to the accommodation cost, a separate bundled monthly fee is charged and includes the below services (fees & tax):
1. Electricity, gas, heat (seasonal), water, and WiFi. Portable air conditioners are available at an additional monthly fee.
2. Supply of bedding/towels & kitchenware: Bedding includes mattress pad, sheet set, cotton blanket, down blanket & duvet cover (seasonal), pillows + towels. Down blankets are not provided in warm weather months.
3. 1x exit cleaning fee
4. 1x Interim month cleaning & linen service for multiple-month stays.
5. NEW YORK OCCUPANCY TAX (for stays under 180 days):
-Rentals for fewer than 180 days in New York City are subject to the below listed taxes.
-New York City Hotel Occupancy Tax: 5.875%
-NY City Hotel Tax: $2/room/night
-For tax purposes, this suite is comprised of one room.
-No tax is due from guests who are considered to be permanent residents.
-To be considered a permanent resident of New York State, a guest must stay for at least 180 consecutive days without interruption.
Our apartments are more than just a place to stay; they're a home away from home. We take pride in providing fully furnished, well-maintained, and thoughtfully equipped spaces for your convenience and comfort, from cozy bedding to clean towels. We offer a tranquil and secure environment for our guests, which is why we've implemented certain policies to ensure everyone's comfort and safety. Our property operates as a hybrid of apartments/hotels and a traditional bed & breakfast.
While our apartments are cozy and comfortable, they are not traditional rentals. We provide additional services, including cleaning, utility coverage, and essential amenities, to make your stay worry-free. We're here to assist you and ensure you have a wonderful experience during your time with us.
Experience the comfort and value of our space, whether you're traveling alone or with a companion!
Special Single Occupancy Discount! Our rates are designed to provide exceptional value for solo travelers. By default, our rates are tailored for single occupancy, allowing individuals to enjoy a more affordable stay. We'd be delighted to accommodate an additional occupant for a small additional fee.
For an additional full-time guest, there is a charge of $1350 per 30 days to cover additional operating expenses such as utilities, more prep and cleaning, water (showers, toilets, sink us), supplies such as towels and bedding, laundry & internet and wear and tear. Please note the flat fee is only applicable if it is the same 2nd occupant throughout the entire duration, not a rotation of different guests. For guests planning to host a family member or friend for a short, defined period, we offer the option of a daily supplemental fee. This fee is $85 per night, with an additional $100 for the first night.
If you plan to host an overnight guests during your stay, we ask that you inform us in advance as there's a simple registration process and a per-night fee to cover the extra costs associated with an additional occupant. For guests in committed relationships who anticipate occasional stays with their significant other, we advise booking for double occupancy. All guests must be approved in advance.
The Townhouse is situated on a lovely tree-lined block two blocks to Central Park in the most desirable neighborhood in Manhattan. Convenient to East Midtown, high end shopping, restaurants, cafes, markets, etc.
ABOUT THE SPACE:
-Spacious bedroom suite housed within a classic Upper East Side Townhouse located on East 62nd Street between Park & Lexington in the historic Upper East Side Lenox Hill neighborhood.
-There is no kitchen or access to a kitchen in the apartment. Provided is a small fridge and electric kettle.
-The comfortable suite is accessed via a private keyed entrance.
-Bedding and towels are provided including sheet sets (fitted and flat sheet), cotton blankets, down pillows, down quilts (winter months), a mattress pad. 1x monthly cleaning includes laundering of sheets and towels.
-A grand original marble fireplace mantle, parquet floors, and a nearly 10' ceiling form the backdrop for this wonderfully decorated, approximately 345 square foot suite.
-A handsome Ralph Lauren leather settee sits at the foot of a gracious carved-wood four poster queen bed with rolling-pin headboard, both of which give way to a small marble bistro table and bistro chair.
-Two more marble-topped items - a Victorian washstand and Victorian dresser complete the bedroom's primary furnishings.
-The prints of 18th and 19th century ante-rooms and throne-rooms along the North wall remind one of the kind of luxury that the bedroom itself hearkens back to and perhaps makes it apparent why Country Living Magazine chose to photograph the Front Library for their "Inn of the Month" feature back in the day when 1871 House operated as a NYC-Style B&B.
-Other furnishings include a rectangular marble table overlooking east 62nd Street (a perfect work perch), coffee table and wool rug. The narrow vintage bathroom is composed of a tub/shower, pedestal sink and toilet.
We think you should know:
-This suite is located two flights up from the entry hall level. It'll take you thirty-six steps to reach the suite's entrance.
-This suite looks out over East 62nd Street.
-This suite more closely resembles a hotel room suite albeit much more charming and spacious.
-There is no kitchen or access to a kitchen in the suite. Even though there is a small fridge and electric kettle, we can’t really count it as a kitchen – don’t expect to do much cooking here. We are sorry however, the addition of cooking appliances not permitted.
-The bathroom is narrow and has a tub/shower combination.
-The fireplace in this room is only decorative.
-TV SERVICE/Wi-Fi: The apartment is equipped with one TV. The TV is equipped with a ROKU device for streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime or your favorite TV app through subscription. The choice of what to watch and what to pay for is up to you. To access fee-based programming, you must be a subscriber and login with your own username and password. Cable TV is not provided. Wi-Fi is provided with the monthly utility fee. Please note that the Wi-Fi is intended for basic residential and work-at-home use only such as emails, and not for heavy download of large data files.
• 2nd and or 3rd party bookings not permitted.
• 1871 House is a converted 150+ year-old Brownstone. In that it is a historic building constructed in the year 1871 there is no elevator in the building. All suites are accessed via our central open staircase. Guests must transport luggage to their booked accommodations.
• Guests will be asked to fill out an informational questionnaire/application and to submit a copy of their government-issued ID.
• Guests shall use the apartments or suites for residential/living purposes only (WFH exception).
• Guests may work from home (home office use only) provided that no employees or clients come to the apartment.
• Guests are prohibited from running a business, manufacturing, selling goods or products (inventory) for the apartment or using the rented premises as an art studio to paint or to create artwork from.
• Smoking is not permitted in the building, rooms, apartments, terrace, in any common/public areas surrounding the Premises or including 25 feet from the building.
• Fireplaces are decorative.
• Guests are responsible for stains on bedding, rugs, upholstery, etc.
• Guest is responsible for the cost of any damages. The security deposit shall be returned only after inspection by Provider/Host and Provider/Host determines that no damages, loss or injury has been done to the premises or property therein and that all charges and fees have been paid.
Host may request to show the apartment to prospective Guests. Host will give guest advance notice.
• We ask guests to abide by the house rules and be respectful of the accommodation.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Occupancy & Guests
• All individuals who would occupy the Premises during the rental term must be disclosed prior to making a reservation.
• The occupancy agreement is based on a specific number of occupants. The number of occupants as specified in the rental agreement must be adhered to.
• Guests warrant that only individuals listed in the rental agreement can occupy the premises and that any individuals added after the effective date shall be subject to Host approval and additional costs.
• Subject to designated occupancy limits for the suite we charge a monthly management, additional wear & tear and combined supplemental utilities & housekeeping charge for a 2nd regular occupant. If you plan to host a temporary visitor, there is a fee of $85/night + a $100 set-up fee. All fees are taxable.
• Provided the occupancy maximum for the apartment is not violated, we allow for a limited number of overnight guests over a limited period of time. In that we are not a hotel but more of a residential corporate housing extended stay character which has many commonalities with long term leases we wish to advise that if you are considering more than 1 or 2 guests over an approx. 4-8 week period that our facility is not designed for that and we would request you give other places consideration. All overnight guests must be pre-approved and restricted to the numbers mentioned.
• Beds may not be added to any of the suites.
• If a child under 10 years of age will be in occupancy (even part time) provisions must be made for the installation of window guards as per NYC regs. Guests/Occupants pay the cost of the window guards hardware and installation @ an estimated cost of $150/window (6 windows). Children under 10 years may not reside in the apartment unless window guards are installed. A minimum lead time of 30 business days is required for the arrangement and coordination of window guard installation.
• Guest agrees that they will not bring any PETS into the Accommodation
• Guest agrees not to bring any furniture into the suite or to move furniture within the apartment.
Last minute discounted rates available when booking via airbnb. Contact us for link details.
Application, identity verification, government issued ID
Letter of employment
Thank you for considering a stay with us. We are a small family-run business located in the heart of one of the largest cities in the world, offering guests a unique experience that blends the intimacy of a small town with the excitement of New York City. To help ensure a pleasant stay for all our guests, we have developed some policies that we ask guests to familiarize themselves with before booking.
We typically don't offer discounts for monthly or annual stays as our pricing is already priced for extended stays and is competitively priced compared to short-term stays at hotels or hotel alternatives in the area.
Our historic townhouse was built in the late 1800s and retains much of its original structure, which may not be suited for all accessibility needs. Please also keep in mind that this is not a modern structure and there may be signs of wear and tear.
The suites are not provided with a buzzer or intercom system so guests will need to coordinate with delivery services and meet them at the front door of the house. Additionally, as we are located in a bustling city, guests should expect some street noise from construction or traffic.
While we love pets, unfortunately, we cannot accommodate them at our property.
Please note that there is no laundry facility in the building, but guests have access to a multitude of nearby laundry and dry-cleaning merchants that offer laundry service by the pound with free pick-up and delivery.
Finally, please note that the host resides on the premises.
We hope you have a pleasant experience with us and look forward to welcoming you.
Upper East Side, Manhattan (NYC) Building Address For Rent: 130 East 62nd Street, New York, NY, 10065
to the Landlord who Posted this Listing