Short Term Rental
Kind of building:
Opportunity to renew:
The poster of this listing is NOT charging a brokerage fee.
Virtual Live Tours:
May 24, 2022
Base Rate (Single Occupancy): $3950 + tax + fees
Please note as this is a 1 room suite, we limit occupancy to 1 person maximum. Email us for detail on supplementary costs.
1. Bundled Monthly Fee (with or without a/c): includes electric, hot/cold water, heat & wi-fi.
2. Bedding/Towels: Bedding includes a mattress pad, 1 sheet set, cotton blanket, down blanket & duvet cover, pillows + towels.
3. Exit cleaning fee and 1x monthly cleaning & linen service for multiple month stays.
4. Occupancy tax (see below).
NEW YORK OCCUPANCY TAX (for stays under 180 days):
-Short-term rentals in New York City are subject to the below listed taxes.
-New York City Hotel Occupancy Tax: 5.875%
-NY City Hotel Tax: $2/night
-For tax purposes, this suite is comprised of two rooms (the main room and the kitchenette)
-No tax is due from guests who are considered to be permanent residents. To be considered a permanent resident of New York State, a guest must stay for at least 180 consecutive days without interruption.
We specialize in furnished short term rental apartments, extended-stay & corporate housing accommodations in the heart of New York City on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. All stays must meet our 30-90 day min.
Spacious bedroom suite housed within a classic Upper East Side Townhouse located on East 62nd Street between Park & Lexington in the historic Upper East Side Lenox Hill neighborhood.
The Townhouse is situated on a lovely tree-lined block two blocks to Central Park in the most desirable neighborhood in Manhattan. Convenient to East Midtown, high end shopping, restaurants, cafes, markets, etc.
Please note that there is no kitchen or access to a kitchen in the apartment. Provided is a small fridge and electric kettle.
The comfortable suite is accessed via a private keyed entrance.
Bedding and towels are provided including sheet sets (fitted and flat sheet), cotton blankets, down pillows, down quilts (winter months), a mattress pad. 1x monthly cleaning includes laundering of sheets and towels.
A grand original marble fireplace mantle, parquet floors, and a nearly 10' ceiling form the backdrop for this wonderfully decorated, approximately 345 square foot suite. A handsome Ralph Lauren leather settee sits at the foot of a gracious carved-wood four poster queen bed with rolling-pin headboard, both of which give way to a small marble bistro table and bistro chairs. Two more marble-topped items - a Victorian washstand and Victorian dresser - complete the bedroom's primary furnishings. The prints of 18th and 19th century ante-rooms and throne-rooms along the North wall remind one of the kind of luxury that the bedroom itself hearkens back to and perhaps makes it apparent why Country Living Magazine chose to photograph the Front Library for their "Inn of the Month" feature back in the day when 1871 House operated as a NYC-Style B&B.
Other furnishings include a rectangular marble table overlooking east 62nd Street (a perfect work perch), coffee table and wool rug. The narrow vintage bathroom is composed of a tub/shower, pedestal sink and toilet.
We think you should know:
-This suite is located two flights up from the entry hall level. It'll take you thirty-six steps to reach the suite's entrance.
-This suite looks out over East 62nd Street. -This suite more closely resembles a hotel room suite albeit much more charming and spacious. There is no kitchen or access to a kitchen in the suite. Even though there is a small fridge (no freezer) and electric kettle, we can’t really count it as a kitchen – don’t expect to do much cooking here. We are sorry however, the addition of cooking appliances not permitted. -The bathroom is narrow and has a tub/shower combination.
-The fireplace in this room is only decorative.
-The maximum occupancy for this suite is 1.
-TV SERVICE/Wi-Fi: The apartment is equipped with one TV. The TV is equipped with a ROKU device for streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime or your favorite TV app through subscription. The choice of what to watch and what to pay for is up to you. To access fee-based programming, you must be a subscriber and login with your own username and password. Cable TV is not provided. Wi-Fi is provided with the monthly utility fee. Please note that the Wi-Fi is intended for basic residential and work-at-home use only such as emails, and not for heavy download of large data files.
Application, identity verification, government issued ID
Letter of employment
1871 House apartments and suites are only available to book for a minimum 30-90 night stay. We may reject 30 night stays for dates not contiguous with existing reservations. Unfortunately we can't make exceptions.
-As 1871 House is a historical building and retains much of its 19th Century structure, it is not suited for all accessibility needs.
-The charming, late 1800s townhouse, is not a modern structure – think creaky floorboards and things as such.
-This home was built in 1871, so there are signs of wear and tear.
-The suites are not equipped with a buzzer system
-There's no lift (elevator) in the building. Guests are responsible for transporting luggage to their booked accommodations.
-As this is NYC, you shouldn't expect the streets below to be quiet – there may be construction or traffic noise nearby
-Pets are not permitted. Sorry but we can't make exceptions.
-Fireplaces in the house are only decorative.
-We provide a supply of linens & towels. We include sheet sets (a mattress pad, flat & fitted sheets and pillowcases), down pillows, down blanket and duvet cover (in cool weather months), cotton blankets, quilts & towels.
-There isn't a laundry facility in the building. Guests have access to many neighborhood laundry and dry cleaning merchants that offer laundry service by the pound with free pick-up and delivery.
-MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT of primary renter is 25 years of age (exceptions handled on a case-by-case basis).
-1871 House is a converted 148 year-old Brownstone. In that it is an historic building constructed in the year 1871 there is no elevator and all suites are accessed via our central open staircase.
-SUPPLIES: Basic supplies such as dish soap, dishwasher pods, toilet paper, hand soap, shampoo and trash & recycling bags will be provided upon check in. It is the responsibility of the guest to replenish any items that they need if they run out.
• Third party bookings are not permitted.
• 1871 House is a converted 148-year-old Brownstone. In that it is a historic building constructed in the year 1871 there is no elevator in the building. All suites are accessed via our central open staircase. Guests must transport their own luggage to their booked accommodations.
• Guests will be asked to fill out an informational questionnaire/application and to submit a copy of their government-issued ID. This could be a driver's license, passport or visa.
• Guests shall use the apartments or suites for residential/living purposes only (WFH exception).
• Guests may work from home (home office use only) provided that no employees or clients come to the apartment.
• Guests are prohibited from running a business, manufacturing, selling goods or products (inventory) for the apartment or using the rented premises as an art studio to paint or to create artwork from.
• Smoking is not permitted in the building, rooms, apartments, terrace, in any common/public areas surrounding the Premises or including 25 feet from the building.
• Fireplaces are decorative.
• Guests are liable for any stains on bedding, rugs, upholstery, etc.
• Host may request to show the apartment to prospective Guests. Host will give guest advance notice.
• We ask guests to abide by the house rules and be respectful of the accommodation.
• We will decline reservations that leave undesirable gaps in our schedule.
Terms & Conditions:
Occupancy & Guests
• All individuals who would occupy the Premises during the rental term must be disclosed prior to making a reservation.
• The occupancy agreement is based on a specific number of occupants. The number of occupants as specified in the rental agreement must be adhered to.
• Guests warrant that only individuals listed in the rental agreement can occupy the premises and that any individuals added after the effective date shall be subject to Host approval and additional costs.
• Subject to designated occupancy limits for the suite we charge a daily management, additional wear & tear and combined supplemental utilities & housekeeping charge of $85 + $100 for an overnight/temporary. IAll fees are taxable.
• Provided the occupancy maximum for the apartment is not violated, we allow for a limited number of overnight guests over a limited period of time. In that we are not a hotel but more of a residential corporate housing extended stay character which has many commonalities with long term leases we wish to advise that if you are considering more than 1 or 2 guests over an approx. 4-8 week period that our facility is not designed for that and we would request you give other places consideration. All overnight guests must be pre-approved and restricted to the numbers mentioned.
• Beds may not be added to any of the suites.
• If a child under 10 years of age will be in occupancy (even part time) provisions must be made for the installation of window guards as per NYC regs. Guests/Occupants pay the cost of the window guards hardware and installation @ an estimated cost of $150/window (6 windows). Children under 10 years may not reside in the apartment unless window guards are installed. A minimum lead time of 30 business days is required for the arrangement and coordination of window guard installation.
• Guest agrees that they will not bring any PETS into the Accommodation
• Guest agrees not to bring any furniture into the suite or to move furniture within the apartment.
• Guest is liable for the full costs of any damages. The security deposit shall be returned only after inspection by Provider/Host and Provider/Host determines that no damages, loss or injury has been done to the premises or property therein and that all charges and fees have been paid.
Upper East Side, Manhattan (NYC) Building Address For Rent: 130 East 62nd Street, New York, NY, 10065
to the Landlord who Posted this Listing