Short Term Rental
Kind of building:
Opportunity to renew:
The poster of this listing is NOT charging a brokerage fee.
Virtual Live Tours:
Feb 16, 2024
We specialize in furnished short term rental apartments, extended-stay & corporate housing accommodations in the heart of New York City on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. In order to comply with local regulations we have a 30-night minimum (sorry no exceptions). Please note that, depending on specific dates, a stay longer than 30-days may be requested.
Single Occupancy Base Rate: $4450/month + Fees + Tax
The above-specified accommodation cost is applicable for a 30-day period and EXCLUDES utilities and tax.
To request a full cost estimate (including all fees + occupancy tax), kindly provide us with a few details about your requirements. Please include information such as:
1. Your Name.
2. Your desired check-in and check-out dates (length of stay).
3. The number of occupants (single or double).
4. Specific apartment or apartment type preferences if any.
5. Kindly confirm you'll be respecting our No-Pets and No-Smoking Policy during your stay. Full policies listed below
Please note we do not offer tours of occupied apartments for short term stay requests. This policy is in place to respect the privacy and comfort of our current residents as well as to more efficiently manage our resources. Tours may be available for stays of six months or longer.
In addition to the accommodation cost, a separate bundled monthly fee is charged and includes the below services (fees & tax):
1. Electricity, gas, heat (seasonal), water, and WiFi. Portable air conditioners are available at an additional monthly fee.
2. Supply of bedding/towels & kitchenware: Bedding includes mattress pad, sheet set, cotton blanket, down blanket & duvet cover (seasonal), pillows + towels. Down blankets are not provided in warm weather months.
3. 1x exit cleaning fee
4. 1x Interim month cleaning & linen service for multiple month stays.
5. NEW YORK OCCUPANCY TAX (for stays under 180 days):
-Rentals for fewer than 180 days in New York City are subject to the below listed taxes.
-New York City Hotel Occupancy Tax: 5.875%
-NY City Hotel Tax: $2/room/night
-For tax purposes, this suite is comprised of one room
-No tax is due from guests who are considered to be permanent residents.
-To be considered a permanent resident of New York State, a guest must stay for at least 180 consecutive days without interruption.
Our apartments are more than just a place to stay; they're a home away from home. We take pride in providing fully furnished, well-maintained, and thoughtfully equipped spaces for your convenience and comfort, from cozy bedding to clean towels. We offer a tranquil and secure environment for our guests, which is why we've implemented certain policies to ensure everyone's comfort and safety. Our property operates as a hybrid of apartments/hotels and a traditional bed & breakfast.
While our apartments are cozy and comfortable, they are not traditional rentals. We provide additional services, including cleaning, utility coverage, and essential amenities, to make your stay worry-free. We're here to assist you and ensure you have a wonderful experience during your time with us.
Experience the comfort and value of our space, whether you're traveling alone or with a companion!
Special Single Occupancy Discount! Our rates are designed to provide exceptional value for solo travelers. By default, our rates are tailored for single occupancy, allowing individuals to enjoy a more affordable stay. We'd be delighted to accommodate an additional occupant for a small additional fee.
For an additional full-time guest, there is a charge of $1200 per 30 days to cover additional operating expenses such as utilities, more prep and cleaning, water (showers, toilets, sink us), supplies such as towels and bedding, laundry & internet and wear and tear. Please note the flat fee is only applicable if it is the same 2nd occupant throughout the entire duration, not a rotation of different guests. For guests planning to host a family member or friend for a short, defined period, we offer the option of a daily supplemental fee. This fee is $85 per night, with an additional $100 for the first night.
If you plan to host an overnight guests during your stay, we ask that you inform us in advance as there's a simple registration process and a per-night fee to cover the extra costs associated with an additional occupant. For guests in committed relationships who anticipate occasional stays with their significant other, we advise booking for double occupancy. All guests must be approved in advance.
About the Suite:
A flight up from the lobby, on the parlor floor, one can find the Garden Room suite. The visitor is immediately transfixed by the massive floor-to-ceiling bow window which takes up most of the Southern wall of the suite. This suite also includes a private 500 square garden terrace, a truly rare-find for affordable New York City accommodations. The expansive, verdant cedar roof deck plays host to any number of roses, lavender, and other plants, with jardinieres and wooden planters framing the deck furniture: a breezy teak bench, three lazy steamer lounge chairs, and a 9 umbrella.
Though some will no doubt want to spend much of their time on the terrace, the Garden Room itself makes for no ordinary place to return to for the night or the afternoon rest. Soaring, nearly 12-foot ceilings look down on this quiet room and its carved wood and marble fireplace mantle, tall Normandy armoire, unique four-poster queen bed, and mahogany Philadelphia breakfast table. Another period throwback can be found in the southeast corner: a sculptured ceramic washbasin with wooden cabinet, augmenting the hand basin found in the bathroom.
Please note that there is no kitchen or access to a kitchen in the apartment. Provided is a smallish fridge, electric kettle, and sink in the room. The bathroom is a fully tiled, narrow space with antique style brass hardware and a merged shower and toilet area.
Other things to note:
-This is a one-room suite without a separate bedroom area.
-There is no kitchen or access to a kitchen in the apartment. Provided is a small fridge, electric kettle, and sink in the room.
-This suite is on the 1st (first) floor level (one flight up from the entry hall level). This is not a ground floor level suite.
-There are 14 steps from the entry foyer level to the 1st floor level.
-There is no kitchen or access to a kitchen in the Suite. Even though there is a small fridge, small microwave and electric kettle, we can’t really count it as a kitchen – don’t expect to do much cooking here. We’re sorry but the addition of cooking appliances is not permitted.
-The fireplace is only decorative.
-The Garden Room is located in the rear portion of the house and is one of the quietest rooms in the house. However, as this is a stacked house, you may hear your neighbors above, below or next to you.
-The compact bathroom has a wall-less shower (please review photos please)
-Although the Garden Room Windows are inoperable, you can open the Terrace door for fresh air. -Garden Room Guests can access the terrace via the French door in the Garden Room.
-Although there are 2 beds in the suite, as this is a bedroom suite, the maximum number of primary guests allowed is one.
-During warm weather months, the host or host's representative service and water the plants on the terrace accessed via the cottage opposite the Garden Room.
-Garden Room terrace photos are representative of how the garden and plants appear in the warm weather months. Guests booking for dates in the late Fall, Winter and early Spring months will observe the garden terrace looking different from the photos as plants are not blooming and shrubs have lost their leaves. Additionally, winter months in New York can be extremely cold so guests will not want to spend time on the terrace.
-Spring cleaning and maintenance of the terrace takes place in the later part of the month of May as the temperature gets warmer. Daily waterings in the Summer months are performed by the Host or staff via a secondary means of access to the terrace.
-While other guests staying in the house cannot access the terrace, the Host and the Host's family have access to the Terrace via a secondary means of access.
-The apartment is equipped with one TV. The TV is equipped with a ROKU device for streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime or your favorite TV app through subscription. The choice of what to watch and what to pay for is up to you. To access fee-based programming, you must be a subscriber and login with your own username and password.
-Cable TV is not provided.
-Wi-Fi is included with the bundled monthly utility fee. Please note that the Wi-Fi is intended for basic residential use only such as emails, and not for heavy download of large data files.
• 2nd and or 3rd party bookings not permitted.
• 1871 House is a converted 150+ year-old Brownstone. In that it is a historic building constructed in the year 1871 there is no elevator in the building. All suites are accessed via our central open staircase. Guests must transport luggage to their booked accommodations.
• Guests will be asked to fill out an informational questionnaire/application and to submit a copy of their government-issued ID.
• Guests shall use the apartments or suites for residential/living purposes only (WFH exception).
• Guests may work from home (home office use only) provided that no employees or clients come to the apartment.
• Guests are prohibited from running a business, manufacturing, selling goods or products (inventory) for the apartment or using the rented premises as an art studio to paint or to create artwork from.
• Smoking is not permitted in the building, rooms, apartments, terrace, in any common/public areas surrounding the Premises or including 25 feet from the building.
• Fireplaces are decorative.
• Guests are responsible for stains on bedding, rugs, upholstery, etc.
• Guest is responsible for the cost of any damages. The security deposit shall be returned only after inspection by Provider/Host and Provider/Host determines that no damages, loss or injury has been done to the premises or property therein and that all charges and fees have been paid.
Host may request to show the apartment to prospective Guests. Host will give guest advance notice.
• We ask guests to abide by the house rules and be respectful of the accommodation.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Occupancy & Guests
• All individuals who would occupy the Premises during the rental term must be disclosed prior to making a reservation.
• The occupancy agreement is based on a specific number of occupants. The number of occupants as specified in the rental agreement must be adhered to.
• Guests warrant that only individuals listed in the rental agreement can occupy the premises and that any individuals added after the effective date shall be subject to Host approval and additional costs.
• Subject to designated occupancy limits for the suite we charge a monthly management, additional wear & tear and combined supplemental utilities & housekeeping charge for a 2nd regular occupant. If you plan to host a temporary visitor, there is a fee of $85/night + a $100 set-up fee. All fees are taxable.
• Provided the occupancy maximum for the apartment is not violated, we allow for a limited number of overnight guests over a limited period of time. In that we are not a hotel but more of a residential corporate housing extended stay character which has many commonalities with long term leases we wish to advise that if you are considering more than 1 or 2 guests over an approx. 4-8 week period that our facility is not designed for that and we would request you give other places consideration. All overnight guests must be pre-approved and restricted to the numbers mentioned.
• Beds may not be added to any of the suites.
• If a child under 10 years of age will be in occupancy (even part time) provisions must be made for the installation of window guards as per NYC regs. Guests/Occupants pay the cost of the window guards hardware and installation @ an estimated cost of $150/window (6 windows). Children under 10 years may not reside in the apartment unless window guards are installed. A minimum lead time of 30 business days is required for the arrangement and coordination of window guard installation.
• Guest agrees that they will not bring any PETS into the Accommodation
• Guest agrees not to bring any furniture into the suite or to move furniture within the apartment.
Last minute discounted rates available when booking via airbnb. Contact us for link details.
Thank you for considering a stay with us. We are a small family-run business located in the heart of one of the largest cities in the world, offering guests a unique experience that blends the intimacy of a small town with the excitement of New York City. To help ensure a pleasant stay for all our guests, we have developed some policies that we ask guests to familiarize themselves with before booking.
We typically don't offer discounts for monthly or annual stays as our pricing is already priced for extended stays and is competitively priced compared to short-term stays at hotels or hotel alternatives in the area.
Our historic townhouse was built in the late 1800s and retains much of its original structure, which may not be suited for all accessibility needs. Please also keep in mind that this is not a modern structure and there may be signs of wear and tear.
The suites are not provided with a buzzer or intercom system so guests will need to coordinate with delivery services and meet them at the front door of the house. Additionally, as we are located in a bustling city, guests should expect some street noise from construction or traffic.
While we love pets, unfortunately, we cannot accommodate them at our property.
Please note that there is no laundry facility in the building, but guests have access to a multitude of nearby laundry and dry-cleaning merchants that offer laundry service by the pound with free pick-up and delivery.
Finally, please note that the host resides on the premises.
We hope you have a pleasant experience with us and look forward to welcoming you
Upper East Side, Manhattan (NYC) Building Address For Rent: 130 East 62nd Street, New York, NY, 10065
to the Landlord who Posted this Listing