Short Term Rental
Kind of building:
Opportunity to renew:
The poster of this listing is NOT charging a brokerage fee.
Virtual Live Tours:
Aug 19, 2022
Base Rate Single Occupancy Monthly Rate: $4850 + fees + tax
Base Rate Double Occupancy Monthly Rate: $6100 + fees + tax
SUPPLEMENTAL FEES (please request full cost with fees and tax).
1. Bundled Monthly Fee (a/c seasonal): includes electric, hot/cold water, heat (seasonal) & wi-fi.
*Bedding & Towels (includes a mattress pad, 1 sheet set, 1 cotton blanket, 1down blanket with duvet cover (seasonal), 2-4 pillows and an assortment towels).
*For single occupancy contracts, there is a daily or monthly fee to add a secondary occupant (monthly or temporary). The fee covers additional operating expenses such as wear and tear, utilities, more prep and cleaning, water (showers, toilets, sink use), supplies such as towels and bedding, laundry & use of internet.
*NYC Occupancy Tax (see below)
We specialize in furnished short term rental apartments, extended-stay & corporate housing accommodations in the heart of New York City on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. All stays must meet our 30-90 day min.
NEW YORK OCCUPANCY TAX (for stays under 180 days):
-Short-term rentals in New York City are subject to the below listed taxes.
-New York City Hotel Occupancy Tax: 5.875%
-NY City Hotel Tax: $8/night
-For tax purposes, this suite is comprised of four rooms (Living room, bedroom, kitchen and small accessory room)
-No tax is due from guests who are considered to be permanent residents. To be considered a permanent resident of New York State, a guest must stay for at least 180 consecutive days without interruption.
For single occupancy contracts, there is a daily or monthly fee to add a secondary occupant. The fee covers additional operating expenses such as wear and tear, utilities, more prep and cleaning, water (showers, toilets, sink us), supplies such as towels and bedding, laundry & internet.
We specialize in furnished short term rental apartments, extended-stay & corporate housing accommodations in the heart of New York City on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. All stays must meet our 30-90 day min. Annual contracts are welcome.
Sunny & beautifully furnished apartment at the historic 1871 House. A short walk to Central Park & situated on a lovely tree-lined block, the charming townhouse which houses this homey flat, has the privacy & allure of sophisticated country living, in the most desirable neighborhood in Manhattan.
The apartment is a quiet sanctuary in the heart of the Upper East Side on E. 62nd Street off Park Avenue.
Approximately 950 Sq Ft. 2 fireplaces (ornamental). The apartment occupies the entire 4th floor of 1871 House and consists of a large front room, a good size bedroom in the rear of the house, a smaller adjacent room designed to be used as a dining room or den (sorry we cannot put a bed in there).
To provide more flexibility to the apartment, we've furnished the largest room at the front of the house, traditionally used as a living room, with a queen bed so that two adults can comfortably share the apartment each having a separate queen bed. A full kitchen and central private en-suite full bathroom complete the nearly 1000 square foot apartment.
The apartment offers the unique advantage of two high-perched but radically diverging views, from the front and the back of this full-floor suite. From the front, the picture is of the tops of townhouses, water towers rising above them, and a few larger, more recent apartment buildings reaching up beyond them at the fringes. A look through the window in one of the apartment's back bedrooms presents, instead, the figure of fully realized modernity, with a few of the soaring skyscrapers of Midtown, including the just-completed new addition to the NYC skyline, the enormous residential building at 432 Park Avenue.
The front, north-facing room fills with light coming through the 3 windows, which are state of the art thermo-pane, reducing noise & insulating well. A comfortable sitting area, w/ loveseat adjoins the Tuscan Ralph Lauren bed. An American Empire chest of drawers & fireplace round out the room. Kitchen w/refrigerator, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, stove/oven & coffeemaker. Max 3 occupants. A kitchen, w/refrigerator, gas range/oven, DISHWASHER coffeemaker, toaster oven, & supply of utensils, dishes, pots, drinking glasses & cups.
• Third party bookings are not permitted.
• 1871 House is a converted 148-year-old Brownstone. In that it is a historic building constructed in the year 1871 there is no elevator in the building. All suites are accessed via our central open staircase. Guests must transport their own luggage to their booked accommodations.
• Guests will be asked to fill out an informational questionnaire/application and to submit a copy of their government-issued ID. This could be a driver's license, passport or visa.
• Guests shall use the apartments or suites for residential/living purposes only (WFH exception).
• Guests may work from home (home office use only) provided that no employees or clients come to the apartment.
• Guests are prohibited from running a business, manufacturing, selling goods or products (inventory) for the apartment or using the rented premises as an art studio to paint or to create artwork from.
• Smoking is not permitted in the building, rooms, apartments, terrace, in any common/public areas surrounding the Premises or including 25 feet from the building.
• Fireplaces are decorative.
• Guests are liable for any stains on bedding, rugs, upholstery, etc.
• Host may request to show the apartment to prospective Guests. Host will give guest advance notice.
• We ask guests to abide by the house rules and be respectful of the accommodation.
• We will decline reservations that leave undesirable gaps in our schedule.
Terms & Conditions:
Occupancy & Guests
• All individuals who would occupy the Premises during the rental term must be disclosed prior to making a reservation.
• The occupancy agreement is based on a specific number of occupants. The number of occupants as specified in the rental agreement must be adhered to.
• Guests warrant that only individuals listed in the rental agreement can occupy the premises and that any individuals added after the effective date shall be subject to Host approval and additional costs.
• Subject to designated occupancy limits for the suite we charge a monthly management, additional wear & tear and combined supplemental utilities & housekeeping charge of $1250/month for a 2nd regular occupant. If you plan to have a temporary visitor, there is a fee of $85/night + a $100 set-up fee. All fees are taxable.
• Provided the occupancy maximum for the apartment is not violated, we allow for a limited number of overnight guests over a limited period of time. In that we are not a hotel but more of a residential corporate housing extended stay character which has many commonalities with long term leases we wish to advise that if you are considering more than 1 or 2 guests over an approx. 4-8 week period that our facility is not designed for that and we would request you give other places consideration. All overnight guests must be pre-approved and restricted to the numbers mentioned.
• Beds may not be added to any of the suites.
• If a child under 10 years of age will be in occupancy (even part time) provisions must be made for the installation of window guards as per NYC regs. Guests/Occupants pay the cost of the window guards hardware and installation @ an estimated cost of $150/window (6 windows). Children under 10 years may not reside in the apartment unless window guards are installed. A minimum lead time of 30 business days is required for the arrangement and coordination of window guard installation.
• Guest agrees that they will not bring any PETS into the Accommodation
• Guest agrees not to bring any furniture into the suite or to move furniture within the apartment.
• Guest is liable for the full costs of any damages. The security deposit shall be returned only after inspection by Provider/Host and Provider/Host determines that no damages, loss or injury has been done to the premises or property therein and that all charges and fees have been paid.
We think you should know:
-As 1871 House is a historical building and retains much of its 19th Century structure, it is not suited for all accessibility needs.
-The charming, late 1800s townhouse, is not a modern structure – think creaky floorboards and things as such.
-There’s no elevator in the building and the apartment is four flights up from the entry hall level, so be prepared to haul your luggage.
-This suite is not equipped with an intercom or buzzer system
-The kitchen is older but still good enough to prepare your morning coffee and other basics
-One of the queen beds is in the living room (there's no separate living room) allowing 2 persons to share this apartment.
-As this is a 1-BR apartment, two persons maximum occupancy permitted.
-As this is NYC, you shouldn’t expect the streets below to be quiet – there may be construction or traffic noise nearby.
-The fireplaces are only decorative
-a/c available June-October (supplemental fee).
-Smoking is not permitted.
-Pets are not permitted.
-Equipment is stored in the apartment’s such as its a/cs, fans and cleaning supplies.
-One TV is provided in the suite (Sony Bravia 26″ LCD HDTV). We include a ROKU device for streaming your favorite free or subscription based apps for watching movies or shows on Netflix, Amazon or other available apps.
Upper East Side, Manhattan (NYC) Building Address For Rent: 130 East 62nd Street, New York, NY, 10065
to the Landlord who Posted this Listing